SamKod Consulting LLC - BPC
Business improvement begins here
We’re more than just business advisors
At Business Process Consulting, we assist companies with Microsoft Dynamics GP business process design, solution and implementation services. We have over 20 years of experience in management, requirements gathering, analysis and business process redesign. Our expertise includes work with Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Non-Profit and Professional Services firms.
We understand that no two businesses are the same. That’s why we also offer fully customised solutions to suit your unique situation, no one else’s
Our mission is to provide your company with a trusted resource, who will work with your internal team to position your company for continuing growth and success. We identify opportunities to improve your current systems and processes, including evaluation of new business management software. We offer advisory, implementation and architecture services to maximize the investment in your ERP system, utilizing the tools you already have to avoid purchasing additional add-ons to address specific issues.
- Project Management
- Evaluation of new business management software
- Business process analysis and redesign
- Client specific training and process documentation
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Reporting Services Reports
Sr. Solutions Consultant and Project Manager
Ms. Lucas is a Business Process and Solution Consultant focused on helping clients identify opportunities to improve their current systems and processes. She is an excellent project manager and has outstanding customer communication, interaction and issue resolution skills. Ms. Lucas also continues to support new and existing implementations as a Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant with twenty years of Great Plains experience, beginning as an end user with the Great Plains products. In addition to fifteen years as a consultant, Ms. Lucas is an experienced manager of Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology and Customer Relationship Management. She has done extensive requirements gathering, analysis and business process redesign. Ms. Lucas worked in the Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail and Computer Hardware sectors before joining the Taylor Group (now Tribridge) as a Consultant/Solution Architect and Project manager in July 1999. Since then, she has worked closely with numerous corporate clients in order to assist them in achieving their goals.
- In the role of Project/Technical lead, successfully implemented Microsoft ERP applications and third party solutions for over 80 client engagements, consisting of multiple phases, and including management of full time and part time resources.
- Responsible for maintaining project schedule, allocating resources, overseeing development activities, and quality assurance. Managed many aspects of day-to-day customer interaction, including scheduling milestones and issue resolution.
- Application configuration responsibilities included the setup of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Financial, Distribution, Human Resource, Payroll and Project modules.
- Tailored the functionality of Microsoft’s ERP and third party products to diverse industries.
- Demonstrated the functionality of the Microsoft Great Plains product line, integrated with various third party modules, to prospective customers.
- Provided Presale consulting support and Solution Architecture on numerous opportunities resulting in successful software sales and project implementations.
- Three Years as a Solutions Architect and Customer Account Manager with Tribridge.
- Developed pilot programs for several clients and projects, and demonstrated the prototype applications in “Proof of Concept” sessions in order to verify Great Plains process redesign would meet the clients’ business needs.
- Provided project proposals and work plans by correlating business strategies to client business requirements and technology needs.
- Performed business process analysis including needs assessment, process review and redesign of process flows to meet client business needs.
- Provided instructor-led full-day training workshops for groups of 2–40 client users consisting of demonstration sessions and facilitated hands-on business process sessions.
- Development of client specific training and process documentation
In 1999 she moved into a consulting role as a Senior Consultant and Project Manager with The Taylor Group and continued her career as Solutions Architect and Customer Account Manager with Tribridge before becoming a successful independent Consultant in January 2011. Prior to that Ms. Lucas was the Controller with CFO responsibilities for a Plastic Resin Distributor managing Finance, Credit/Collections, Contracts, IT, Human Resources and Payroll. In addition worked at Expert Server Group and New England Service Source in Bedford, New Hampshire as an Assistant Controller, Accounting Operations Manager, Human Resource Manager and Project Manager. Her responsibilities there included SQL System Administration, setting up the finance department at New England Service Source; and implementing, upgrading and providing technical support for Microsoft Great Plains for both companies.
Ms. Lucas attended Gordon College in Wenham, Massachusetts
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Certifications:
Dynamics GP Financial (GL, AP, AR, Bank Rec and Fixed Assets)
Human Resources and Payroll
Financial Management Software
Microsoft Dynamics GP General Ledger, Receivables Management, Payables Management, Bank Rec, Fixed Assets, Advanced Invoicing, Sales Order Processing, Inventory, Purchase Order Processing, Collections, Human Resources, Payroll, Project Accounting, Field Service Contract Administration, Professional Tools, Inter-company, Fund management, EFT Banking solutions, Business Portal including HR Self Service, eRequisitions, Project Time and Expense, SmartList builder and many of the Microsoft GP third party software solutions.
Software: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Visual Studio, Dynamics GP 2013 (and all versions prior).
Databases: Access, MS SQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
Reporting Tools: Great Plains Report Writer, SmartList and Excel Report Builder, Seagate Crystal and SQL Report Services administration and report development.
Business Process Consulting
SamKod Consulting LLC
Systems Administration Management
Knowledge Organization & Discovery
Canterbury, NH 03224